PUBLIC + MEDIA RELATIONS INTERN
We’re looking for savvy, passionate, creative thinkers eager to shape the future of public relations and social media, and excited to work with a team dedicated to delivering great work, side by side with full time employees, and learning every single day. If you’re interested, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and writing sample attached.
- Monitoring and tracking media coverage for client reporting.
- Creating and maintaining media lists, speaking and other ongoing programs
- Organizing and assisting in organizing Press Contacts, Newsletters, and Press Releases.
- Researching influencers, competitors, audiences and anything that will help your team be smarter
- Supporting monthly reporting and campaign wrap up reports
- Drafting social media content across platforms and engaging with your brand’s online communities
- Being a Liaison between company, the media, and our clients.
- Collaborating with departments and peers to support agency wide projects
- Event production and staffing for client events as needed
- General administrative responsibilities (this doesn’t mean getting coffee)
- Have at least one year of general work experience (any business or industry will do, but social media or communications would be a plus)
- Must live in or around DC and be able to come into our office near Hst at least 3 days per week
- Can commit to a minimum of about 30 hours per week
- Are a junior or senior undergraduate or recent college graduate
- Ideally you should be 21+ since we work with a lot of beer clients and hold team activities involving alcohol
- An experienced social media user (tell us your Twitter handle and we promise we’ll only creep on you a little bit)
- Strong interest in learning about, and working in, the public relations and social media industries
- Strong knowledge of the media landscape and obsessive attention to detail
- Have an understanding of AP style and have developed written skills
- Like working independently and collaboratively
- Are committed to meeting deadlines and can manage time to ensure delivery
- Cision / Muck Rack experience is preferred, although not mandatory
- Can start in late September 2018 and be with us through mid or end of December 2018 (but we can work with you on specific start/end dates).
AUDIO/VISUAL CONTENT (TV/FILM INTERN)
We are currently looking for a Videographer + Photographer as well as an Audio/Visual Editor to join their team on a freelance, part time basis. While the majority of the role will be shooting, the ideal candidate will also be able to direct and edit as well. Audio/Visual Editor will work as a part of the post-production team that edits and prepares in-house videos and multi media for social channels and other video productions. The PERFECT candidate will be able to execute all three jobs mentioned. If you’re interested, send us an email at email@example.com with resume and reel + portfolio attached.
- Records material for content using professional video cameras and still cameras
- Follows production schedule collaborating with clients for revisions as needed
- Sets up shoot including lighting, sound and other technical details
- Performs non-linear editing using Final Cut or Adobe Premiere software
- Designs after effects as needed including motion graphics, layout, and animation
- Prepare video for multi-media formats including web, and other digital distribution medium
- Ensure that all videos meet the needs of a varying audience of ability through the use of captioning and other forms as needed
- 1-2 years experience, Sophomore/Junior/Senior, relevant experience at a creative agency, studio or distributor in the entertainment industry.
- Must own DSLR Camera and Laptop.
- Knowledge of workflow for creation of marketing materials such as posters, trailers, bloopers, OOH and digital assets for feature films a plus
- Over 21+ plus for event filming.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Expert organizational skills and the ability to prioritize monitor and manage workload.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
EVENT PRODUCTION INTERN
Production Interns assist Producers on individual agency projects including special events, sponsorship activations, tradeshow exhibits, red carpet parties, product launches, publicity stunts, and corporate meetings. If you’re interested, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and cover letter attached.
- Conduct research, coordinate vendors, and help prepare event documents including production schedules production books, and packing manifests.
- Must be organized, self-motivated, and have an amazing can do attitude.
- Must be trustworthy and discreet with and around high profile clients.
- Handle talent booking as well as send contracts and travel booking to clients.
- Must be hungry to learn; what you put into this will have a direct correlation to what you get out of it.
- 21+ w/ License or Car is a plus.
- Must Sign NDA
- Complete work and delegated tasks within tight timelines
- Work well as part of a team
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have common sense, intuition, and can think creatively about a variety of challenges
- Have a keen eye for design and visual presentation
- Flexibility and adaptability to a fast-paced work environment
We are looking for a Social Media Intern to join our growing team. The ideal applicant will possess strong knowledge of the digital media landscape, including various social media sites. The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to social media projects, monitoring and posting on blogs and social networks, engaging in online forums, participating in online outreach and promotion, and analyzing social media performance metrics.
If you’re interested, send us an email at email@example.com with one Tweet (280 characters) and one media headline that describes why you’re the perfect candidate, and please attach your resume. Funny GIFs and stand-out subject lines are also encouraged. Please, Attach Resume and Cover Letter .
- Work with the Social Media team to create and implement campaigns
- Develop content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis for company brands
- Monitor analytics with social media team to identify viable ideas
- Create engaging blog and social media content
- Assist in the general distribution of press releases and media alerts
- Provide support to our marketing team at live and online events
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in social media/marketing
- Self-starter who is able to think quickly and work well with a team.
- In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Instagram Stories YouTube, Snapchat, Pinterest and LinkedIn
- Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics and Facebook Insights
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop
- Basic knowledge of photo research and editing is ideal.
ART GALLERY ASSISTANT (INTERN)
The HRCHY C.I.A has an opening for a GALLERY INTERN(s) at the Torpedo Factory Art Center. This is an opportunity to learn the daily operations of a leading contemporary art exhibition. Being part of a small, knowledgeable staff, the intern will have an informative and engaging experience. The intern will be responsible for some administrative tasks including, updating artist files, planning gallery programming + artist talks, organizing sold works, and being a face of the exhibition itself. In addition, the intern will assist with curatorial duties, installation, preparations for receptions, and the preparation of art for transport. Interns will also be given opportunities to help curate arts, plan events, as well as have access to free studio time.
The HRCHY C.I.A also has an opening for a GALLERY INTERN(s) in Miami, Florida for Art Basel. If you’re interested, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and cover letter attached.
RESPONSIBILITIES + QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be willing to travel to Torpedo Factory Art Center in Old Towne, Virginia 3 days a week.
- Interest and knowledge of art history. Art + Design Majors are highly encouraged to apply!
- Proficiency in computer software: MS Word, Excel and in FileMaker is a huge plus.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.